Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mushroom and Asparagus Fried Rice


Mushroom and Asparagus Fried Rice
Originally uploaded by Monkeys Jump

Makes 2 large servings that are 5.5 points each

2 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
8 oz mushrooms sliced
2 eggs
1tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1 tsp roasted red pepper and garlic seasoning
1 Tbs soy sauce

heat oil in a skillet over med high heat and saute mushrooms and asparagus until mushrooms are nicely browned. move veggies to the side and add two eggs and scramble. mix into the veggies. throw in rice and soy sauce and spices and stir fry until hot.


I made this as a late dinner for Brian and I today. We went to Applebee's earlier in the evening and had dinner with his grandpa. I had the steak and portobellos and Brian had the garlic chicken. Both were on their weight watchers menu. My steak was tiny but well cooked but it had a really strange tasting gravy substance on it. The veggies and potatoes had a nasty garlic fake butter sauce on them. I don't think I would order any of their weight watchers dishes again. I'll stick to the home cooked stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment