Monday, March 2, 2009

Meet Happy


Meet Happy
Originally uploaded by Monkeys Jump
I was feeling crafty today and I was bummed that my sewing machine didn't come so I decided to try sewing by hand. I bought some felt a few weeks ago to make Niko a penguin. So here is the result. I just freeform cut his body and then sewed on his tummy, nose, and eyes. I probably should have looked up the correct way to sew the stiches but I figured it is for a 1 year old and he won't care. I don't think it turned out too bad for my first try!

I am going to have to start scouring the thrift stores for sewing machines again. I have a bunch of receiving blankets and pillowcases that I want to make into burp cloths and little dresses! My house is clean and I need something to do besides watch TV. I am going insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment