Monday, March 16, 2009

Sloppy Bobs


I have been craving Sloppy Joes recently so I found a good recipe on www.allrecipes.com. Here is the recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sloppy-Joes-II/Detail.aspx
I modified it to make it a bit more healthy. Because I changed the recipe I decided to call it Sloppy Bobs. I'm just quirky like that. I used ground lean turkey and lots more onion and green pepper and also added some red bell pepper. I think next time I will add shredded carrots and maybe some spinach. I think this is a great dish to hide veggies in. I did have to add a bit more garlic powder and a tablespoon of bbq sauce and a dash of rice vinegar to get it to taste the way I wanted it. I ended up with nine 1/4 cup servings. If you put it on a light whole wheat hamburger bun it is pretty low in points. I think a sandwhich is 3 points. They are pretty filling too! I am going to take these for lunch the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment